We’re in this condo and here to clean up some mold. I first inspected at a couple months ago. The perspective buyer followed through and bought it. And now she’s hired us to come in and clean up the mold. So it’s got a kitchen here. Actually there was a water damage event that came from the unit above and the inside of a lot of these cabinets are swollen.
There’s a little bit of mold visible in some of them, There’s quite a bit of mold visible in the top of this pantry area here. As the sellers were getting it ready to sell, they made everything look really nice and new, including a brand new countertop that unfortunately has to come out and may not be saveable. But there’s mold in the cabinets under the cabinets and a couple of other places.
How Can I Prevent Mold In My Condo?
If you have mold damage in your condo, you have to be very careful about how you go about remedying the issue. Mold can become a serious problem, and it must be handled properly if you want it to go away—and stay away.
To do this, you must first understand what mold is and how it grows. Mold is a fungus that requires high humidity to survive. It also needs some food source for energy. In the case of mold in a condo environment, these two elements are often found together in leaky homes. Condos are more prone to this sort of thing simply because they’re living spaces that are shared with other people who may not always be as careful about their water usage as you might want them to be. Condos are also more prone to leaks than standalone properties, simply because there’s more going on with them relating to plumbing and appliances that allow water into the building more easily.
When mold is allowed to grow, the spores can spread throughout the house quickly, making it harder and harder to eliminate over time. It’s best not to wait too long before taking action against mold growth. The longer you wait, the greater the damage will be.
It’s always a pain to deal with water damage. Not only do you have to replace whatever was damaged, but you also have to clean up the mess and disinfect the area. It can be a real hassle to deal with mold, too. Mold can cause allergies, skin irritation, and respiratory problems. The biggest thing you need to do is make sure that you’re preventing mold growth after a leak occurs by taking proper care of your belongings and the area around them. In this article, we’ll discuss some steps you can take right after a leak occurs to prevent mold damage.
Step 1: Quickly dry any wet objects with towels or paper towels. This may seem like an obvious step, but it’s important to get things as dry as possible immediately after they’ve gotten wet because if they stay damp for very long at all they will start to grow mold.
Step 2: Put any wet objects in a bag or container with a lid and seal them up tight. You want to keep the items away from air and light so that mold doesn’t form on them. You should also put them in a place where heat won’t build up on them—i.e., not in the trunk of your car on a hot day.
After a water leak, there are certain steps you can take to limit the amount of mold damage in your home. First and foremost, remove as much water as possible from the area where it has leaked. Next, make sure that the temperature of the room is high enough (over 70 degrees Fahrenheit) to prevent mold growth. For example, if you have a basement that is cooler than that temperature, run a dehumidifier designed for basements during cleanup. A dehumidifier will help dry out the air and prevent mold from growing. If you see any signs of mold, consult with a professional cleaning service to help remove it. With the right tools and techniques, you can keep your home safe after a water leak.
If you’ve got mold in and around your property, it’s not something you can ignore. It can cause damage to your health and the health of those around you, so you need someone who knows how to tackle the problem with the right tools. Bio Clean of Utah is a company that’s been doing these jobs for years and has everything you need to get a mold infestation under control. They have experience doing work on condos like yours, so you know they’re able to handle the job properly.
Mold is a serious health concern, especially when it’s inside your home. Don’t let mold put you at risk for dangerous conditions like asthma and other respiratory issues.
Mold can be found anywhere in your home, mainly if water damage has occurred. If you notice any fungus growing on molding or woodwork, there’s likely a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
The best way to get rid of mold is to call Bio Clean of Utah. Our team uses the cleanest and most effective methods to remove moldy areas and help prevent future growth. We’re not only trained professionals but we also offer the best equipment available—we’re committed to leaving our work area cleaner than we found it–guaranteed!
For condo mold damage, don’t waste time and money calling around for quotes. Call Bio Clean of Utah at 801-335-3227.
- How to Recognize the Signs of Mold: A Homeowner’s Guide in Utah - December 22, 2023
- Black Mold VS Mildew: Know the Difference to Safeguard Your Utah Home - November 16, 2023
- Is it Mold? Tips and Tricks to Identify Mold in Your Home - October 30, 2023